.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



22.9.11

Autumn in New York

Well, I made it four whole months with this "saving my last miles" concept. But, boy howdy, were they burning a huge hole in my proverbial pocket! Plus, the uncertainty of starting a family was making me question whether or not I would become physically unable to use them. Clearly, there was only one solution: use them before winter rolls in or I find myself knocked up. So I did.

Next month, I'm going back to New York City. ::big grin::

Specifically, my sister and I are going on a girl's weekend to the Big Apple at the end of October. It was difficult to see our Alaska Airlines Miles go from 40,139 to a measly 139. However, I've always wanted to stroll through Central Park in the fall, and I'm elated that I'm going to be able to see Sutton Foster perform live on stage.

This will be the first time we're putting our new Capital One Venture card miles to use, as well. I used a free loyalty club to get a great hotel deal that I will use the Venture miles to pay for. That means we'll only be paying for food and fun.

By the time we return, we'll be back to square one on earning miles, but I'll continue to use the system to our benefit and find as many ways as I can to combine savings for even better deals.

Besides...I'M GOING TO NEW YORK CITY!!!

1 comment:

Lisa-Marie said...

I could not be more jealous. Enjoy it, ans take lots of pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails