.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



14.5.11

Last minute addition

There has been a last minute rearrangement of plans, and it looks like we're going to Brighton and the coast of East Sussex after all! My inner architecture nerd is especially excited to see the Royal Pavilion:



While the reason behind the change makes me sad (we'll miss you, Lisa!), I'd be lying if I said I wasn't elated to finally make it to Seven Sisters and Beachy Head. These chalk cliffs have been on my bucket list since before I knew what a bucket list was: ten years old, watching Kevin Costner's Robin Hood roll around on the beach under them. I can't wait to stand proudly as close to the edge as I'm safely allowed (much to the chagrin of my acrophobic husband, I'm sure)! Here's hoping for dry weather!



(And a big thanks to Abby for reminding me that I haven't been there yet.
You're holiday pictures were truly inspiring!)

3 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Hurrah hurrah! I am so glad you get to go, you were so sad about not being able to!

Melanie said...

I didn't think that my jealousy of your trip could get any bigger... but it just did. Have a blast!! (because there are people vicariously enjoying your trip.) ;-)

ohabbyreally said...

That is AWESOME! You are going to love Brighton and the Seven Sisters are out of this world!

Can't wait to see all of your beautiful pictures! xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails