.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



12.3.10

Gutted


I'm pouting this weekend. Why? Because I'm gutted that I won't get to see Illuminating Hadrian's Wall in person on Saturday night. I mean, what a unique site that will be! A step back in history, almost. And a 1,600 year anniversary?! As an American, I can't hardly fathom that. There isn't a single man made thing around me that is even a quarter of that in age.

Add to that the fact that all the media coverage isn't available in the US, darn region encoding laws!

I tried to make it happen; I did. I researched flights and accommodations. I tried creative budget spending. But when it came down to it, we just didn't have the extra money.

So while I wish the UK a flawless commemoration, I go on pouting, 4,000 miles away.

1 comment:

Lisa-Marie said...

I am utterly gutted that I will miss it due to my lurgy. The friend I was going with is going to try to record it for me, though I don't think the light will be good enough. If she manages I'll mail you a copy! Also, someone will put videos up on youtube, don't worry!

Related Posts with Thumbnails