.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



22.11.09

Masks on a plane

I've had a few people ask me if I did indeed wear this mask on the plane. The answer is yes, I did...on the way there. I got the best sleep I ever have on a plane, amongst coughing and sneezing co-passengers nearby. And the simple thing worked, as well. I stayed perfectly healthy for the duration of our trip; not even a scratchy throat bothered me a single time. I seem to be a poor mask-wearer, however, as the metal bit you're meant to pinch left two bruised abrasions on the bridge of my nose. Yes, it was funny. I spent the first few days in Oz looking as if I'd recently been in a bar brawl. Yet, to me, my health was more than worth it.

High on a very successful holiday and wanting to avoid looking as though I'd been punched (again), I opted not to wear the mask on the plane ride way home. And whadayaknow, I'm typing this post from my bed, wrapped in blankets, doped up on cold meds, running a fever, congested to the point of being dizzy.

Therefore, my final conclusion: the mask works, and that is worth looking just a little bit foolish. (Though I plan to better mold the metal bit next time!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails