.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



15.8.09

San Francisco in 31 hours


The focus of our trip in November, of course, is Australia. But there simply aren't any direct flights from Seattle to any Australian destination; we must layover in California. Our choices: Los Angeles or San Francisco. We've been to LA multiple times, don't quite understand the appeal, and kind of loathe LAX. So, SFO it is!

You may remember San Francisco has been on the table before. So we made arrangements to make this an extended layover and stay as long as we could possibly afford to. But that only came to a single night. So we now have the challenge of seeing as much of San Francisco as we possibly can in the dead of November in a grand total of 31 hours, including airport and sleeping time.

I'm starting to realize just how much this city has to offer and just how much of a whirlwind this will be. A private, customizable tour guide has become a serious consideration. And I'm definitely bringing my sexy poncho!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Good luck! You are an inspiration for making the most of every trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails