.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



13.7.09

One & Other

On 6 July, London began One & Other atop Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square. (You know, the one that has most recently had that terribly awkward armless, pregnant lady? Yeah, that one.) The premise is pretty simple: for 100 days - nonstop - it is being used as a platform for a very simple contemporary art subject: the people of the United Kingdom. A new person every hour, doing...whatever. A true snapshot of the "real" UK for all the world to peek in on.

And for Anglophiles like me, it's complete crack. Just like the lovely Jenn who brought it to my attention, I can't seem to stop watching. UGH...I MISS LONDON!!!

To watch the mania, click here.

3 comments:

JennB said...

I have changed my home page and everything. Thank goodness it will entertain me until October! It is so oddly addicting... Enjoy :)

Lisa-Marie said...

The husband and I are going to London in August, I shall go and stand on the platform for you!

Lisa-Marie said...

My freind Chris (Chris T-T) was on here last week! He is a political singer songwriter, he did us proud!

Related Posts with Thumbnails