.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



5.7.09

No photography allowed

I hate this sign. I'm not much for t-shirts, postcards, snowglobes and chotchkies. I prefer my travel souvenirs to be more useful items, and I highly value my personal photos. And though I understand why some of these places choose not to allow cameras, I can't help but feel a tiny bit jipped.


Some of my favorite spots I've visited but don't have any first-hand reminders of are the following (yes, all three photos were shamelessly stolen from Google images):

The Royal Chapel at Hampton Court Palace:


The Vatican Museum Hall of Maps:


And, of course, the Sistine Chapel:


What are some of your favorite no-photography spots?

2 comments:

wanderingbtrfly said...

I was bummed about the Hampton Court chapel, too! I mean, is there any other room on the planet that more perfectly preserves the complete essence of crazy Henry?

Lisa-Marie said...

It makes me sad when I cant take photos too!

I am completely(grudginingly) ok with it in places with detailed paintwork, paintings or art though, because it is preserving the colour pigment and gloss of the paint.

Call me arty-farty if you want!

My favorite place of no cameras is Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery in Glasgow. It is a massive building in the west end, purpose build on the foundation of an old (and very grand) estate house. The building in itself is a marvel, and the contents are varied and spectacular!

Related Posts with Thumbnails