.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



11.2.09

Fairmont Olympic, Seattle

If you're visiting Seattle soon, I can now personally recommend The Fairmont Olympic Hotel. I know, you're thinking, "Well, duh. AAA Five Diamond awards aren't given out to just any ole shack." Yes, but I grew up in this city. I've driven by this hoity-toity hotel a million times and have never been able to indulge.

However, due to a fabulous deal on Travelzoo (that's still going on, I might add), Hubby and I were able to snag a room in this posh pad for only $149/night. Add to that the free Executive Suite upgrade and chocolate-dipped strawberries delivered to our room for Hubby's birthday, and I'm encouraged to recommend that everyone take advantage of this high-brow living on a blue collar budget pronto. This is the life!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails