.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



2.12.08

Venice afloat

I'm certainly not one to say whether or not Venice is actually sinking. Some say yes, some say no. I wouldn't be surprised if it is simply experiencing the same cycles it always has. But just in case, I will admit I've made donations to restoration nonprofits like Save Venice. This is a city worth preserving.

Flooding is common to Venetians and shouldn't come as a surprise to winter visitors to the beautiful city on the water, and this season is no different. With flood levels higher than they've been in the last twenty years, my heart goes out to those residents and shop owners that have a big cleanup job ahead of them and those visitors finding themselves just a little stuck.

But on the flipside, I can't help but find the quiet water-filled piazzas and back alleys serenely beautiful.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I adore Venice. I think it's the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails