.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



20.12.08

Racking up the miles

The mile-accruing is well under way! And it's a good thing; we're facing a major change in our financial situation, so we're going to need to use all the possible clever ways to keep a-traveling that we can find.

After a few phone calls to Alaska Airlines, we've ironed out some issues and determined we have a combined total of 36,000 miles. And we should be earning 2,000 more every month. That is 24,000 a year plus whatever miles are actually flown. And since we're looking at the East Coast of the US and Europe, those earned flown miles should hopefully be significant, as well. Provided we can avoid overly restrictive red tape, that is!

So now that we have the earning confirmed, I have to learn the ins and outs of redeeming said mileage. Thank God for my travel agent!

1 comment:

michelle of bleeding espresso said...

Ooh sounds like a fabulous 2009 is on its way for you! Happy holidays :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails