.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



12.7.08

Chop'd

If there is one thing a longhaul stay in the UK leaves me in mourning for, it's salad. Not the Brit definition of "salad" consisting of a wilted piece of lettuce and two rubbery cucumber slices. No, SALAD. The meal-in-itself kind we obsess about over here in the US.

So imagine my glee upon learning about Chop'd. It seems a lot like Pret, focused more on salads than sandwiches. What got me was a photo of the great big sign in the window that says "Make Your Own Salads!" Throw in some of the gol'darn American Ranch dressing, and I'm moving in!

A salad is a justifiable reason for a tranatlantic flight, right?

1 comment:

Melaina25 said...

Ugh I completely agree. I hate that it is really hard to find prepacked salads for lunch. Granted I never worked downtown in Glasgow and chippies and burger vans don't do salads, but still.

Sometimes I want some goats cheese, cranberries and a yumtastic balsamic is that so hard to ask?

Related Posts with Thumbnails