.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



26.6.08

Jackie Steves' blog

Travelers in the Pacific Northwest are well aware of how fortunate we are to have Europe Through the Back Door right around the corner. World-reknowned European cult travel guide Rick Steves is a local, and his travel center is a fabulous resource for us Seattlites. Many of us have attended multiple seminars there, we're well aware that Rick is far more entertaining in person, and we snicker when we see his son running around Ireland or Italy in sweatshirts that say "Edmonds" or "Seattle Mariners".

Many of us have been watching his son and daughter grow up on the air. I've spent many hours jealous of these well-traveled younger Steves. So when Rick's son, Andy, trekked through Europe sans father several years ago, I found his younger perspective entertaining and refreshing.

Now it's daughter Jackie's turn. She's just now starting her post high school graduation trip with nothing but a backpack and a good friend. I find her blog even more relate-able. Perhaps it's because she's more of a planner, like me. Perhaps it's because she's female. Whatever the reason, you can follow along with her, too.

Good luck, Jackie! And have fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails