.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



31.5.08

Eurostar tickets

Oh darn. I have to go back to London in the next year. I'm so disappointed.

:::squeal!:::

Okay, back story: Eurostar's ticketing system pretty much ate our Belgium booking in March. The customer service staff was very kind in helping us fix this technical difficulty and make our train to Brussels, but they weren't quite fast enough. We were left standing in the St. Pancras security line with somewhat-faux one-way tickets in our hands when the word "CLOSED" appeared on the departures screen next to our train platform number. And we're not exactly mow-them-over-and-demand-service kind of people.

So we quietly walked back to the Eurostar office and queued for the fourth time that morning to request a refund. Upon seeing us back in line yet again, the CS people pulled us to the front of the line and gave us the information we'd need to formally request our money back. They apologized profusely and sent us on our way...nowhere.

Back to the present - Eurostar has not only refunded our money for the original tickets, but they've also sent us two free one-way tickets on the Eurostar to be used at any time within the next year, to apologize for our inconvenience. And since we'll take any excuse to head back to London, we're already thinking of the next jaunt!

Thank you, Eurostar!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails