.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



13.3.08

Murphy's Law, meet Jet Lag

Can someone please tell me why I will sit on a 10-hour flight throughout the night, in a dark cabin, surrounded by white noise, wearing an eye mask, slippers and earplugs, with a pillow and a blanket, a full stomach and a reclining seat (well, sort of), and not be able to sleep one single, bloomin' minute?

Yet the moment I manage to wrangle my 50-lb suitcase onto the Tube and we start whizzing by all the suburbs of London, with visual stimulations of all sizes, colors, textures and styles, 9 inches from a stranger that smells funny and feels compelled to stare at me incessantly, stopping and starting over and over again, getting a huge blast of cold air every time the doors open, people pushing and shoving in and out, announcements every 20 seconds, the time you really ought to keep your eyes on your belongings lest they grow legs and walk away and your ears on your train stop lest you end up in a town where the sheep outnumber the people...THIS is when I can't help but succumb to slumber?

Seriously?!

1 comment:

anne bryant said...

I swear they pump sleep inducing air into the Tube. It always has a hypnotic pull on me... can't stay awake... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails