.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



28.12.07

Flashmob!

I have a new fascination, and I can't decide if it makes me want to laugh or just join in. It's called Flashmobbing, and it comes in two forms:

The first is Mobile Clubbing, a very simple concept that challenges the need of an actual club for dancing. Just bring your groove and your own mp3 player to the agreed upon place, icons such as the steps of St. Paul's Cathedral or the madness of Victoria Station (pictured above, 4000 strong!) and you've got yourself - that's right, you catch on fast - a mobile club. The initial mob gets the party started, but the number tends to grow as every Londoner has an iPod in their pocket and tends to jump in once they realize what's going on.

The second is the London Pillow Fight Club, which works quite the same way, bring your own pillow (Leadenhall Market pillow fight pictured above).

These concepts are beginning to branch out to other cities all over the world, and I think it's fabulous! It's about time we all had some fun! Click here for the official site.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails