.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



24.11.07

An expensive addiction

Ah, the sweet satisfaction of booking a return to London! I'm officially headed back in March. YAY! Even though the exchange rate is physically painful to think about. It'll be the first time I've visited the UK in the winter, and though I'm crossing my fingers for halfway decent weather, I'm grateful for the firsthand experience of a London March for my own travel-cation.

Once again, I'm "dragging" my little sis (and, oh my, is she putting up a wicked fight :-p). But this time, I'm also going with my girl Lindsey who has a phenomenal eye for photography. I'm SO thrilled to hire her for some personal shots in my favorite city, which really makes me wish Officer Husband could come, too. Oh well...

We've decided to forego a hotel deal, choosing instead to rent a flat through Holiday Rentals UK. Our choice in West Brompton/Fulham seems wonderful, giving all three of us lots of room to spread out and relax. Fingers crossed that the pictures online are true to form and the neighborhood is not unsavory!

Possible daytrips on the table include Hampton Court, Stourhead Gardens and Blenheim Palace. I've also revived the idea of hopping on the new faster Eurostar and checking out Brugges, Belgium while over there. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails