.



I'm a 37-year old Seattle girl who was bitten by the travel bug on my first tour of Europe in 2004. This personal blog follows my attempts to visit as many countries as I can, as often as my budget will allow. Since starting this blog in 2007, I've also worked as a freelance copywriter for an online travel publication. This only served to add even more must-see locations to my already extended list.
Follow me as I try to balance "real life" with exploring the world, all while trying to conquer a wickedly ironic case of homesickness.



24.6.07

Favorite Travel Quotes

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"There are two ways of getting home, and one of them is to stay there." -G.K. Chesterton

”Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” -Confucius

“I would rather live in a world where my life is surrounded by mystery than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it.” -Henry Emerson Fosdick

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.” -Marcus Aurelius

“Life is a promise; fulfill it.” -Mother Theresa

“It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The beckoning counts, and not the clicking of the latch behind you.” -Freya Stark

Beyond the East, the sunrise,
Beyond the West, the sea,
And East and West the wanderthirst
Will not let me be.
-Gerald Gould

“I resolved to abandon trade and to fix my aim on something more praiseworthy and stable; whence it was that I made preparation for going to see part of the world and its wonders.” -Amerigo Vespucci

“A place has almost a shyness of a person with strangers; its secret is not to be surprised by too direct interrogation.” -Arthur Symons

“Travelers always buy experience which no books can give.” -Anonymous

“When a traveler returneth home, let him not leave the countries where he hath traveled altogether behind him.” -Francis Bacon

“He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left” -Chinese proverb

“The real voyage of discovery is not in discovering new lands, but in seeing with new eyes.” -Marcel Proust

“Since life is short and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better.” –Simon Raven

“I was not born for one corner; the whole world is my native land.” -Lucius Annaeus Seneca

“When you leave a country, you leave behind something of your heart.” -Belgian Proverb

“Life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.” -Unknown

“The happiness of London is not to be conceived but by those who have been in it.” –Samuel Johnson

“…When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life…” -Samuel Johnson

4 comments:

bei said...

this is excellent.. thanks for compiling!

cheers, bei

KS said...

Love this. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this list. I love it. One more I find dear is:
"The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land"
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Anonymous said...

ahh you are exactly like me!! i studied abroad in london last year and it completely stole my heart. it's been almost a year since i'm back and i still think about it far too often everyday. beautiful quotes too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails